[Exclusive] Submerse, Fitz Ambro$e, Devin Morrison 獨家訪談 2019

2019年後續訪談,追蹤了一下個別的近況。
Devin Morriosn初試啼聲之作"Bussin"

Fitz Ambro$e

1. Can you talk about your role in Devin Morrison's new album? 
可以談論你在Devin Morriosn的新專輯當中扮演的角色嗎?
  • Fitz:Devin became like a little brother to me. He was out here in Tokyo a little uncertain about what he wanted to do. He has crazy talent with music and creativity so I gave him all the connections / info / opportunities I have built in and outside of Japan. One of these opportunities was releasing projects with Onra's NBN label. I am working closely with this label so I introduced them and we set up a plan to make 「Bussin' 」Devin's debut album dropping 4/3 on NBN records !! https://devinmorrison.bandcamp.com/
  • Fitz:Devin後來就像是我的弟弟一樣。他帶著不確定的心情來到了東京,摸索著未來的方向。他有著驚人的音樂天賦以及創意,於是我決定幫助他,將我在日本以外所有的關係、資訊以及機會都交給他。 
  • 其中一個機會,就是透過Onra的獨立廠牌NBN來發行專輯。我和這個廠牌密切合作,於是透過了我,將Devin介紹給他們認識,並且拍板定案,決定透過NBN Records在4/3號發表Devin的首張個人專輯「Bussin' 」!
2. There's a Japan exclusive version, what is it about? 
這張專輯會推出日本特別版,這是怎麼一回事?
  • Fitz:As I mentioned I am working closely with NBN records .Onra is also like a brother to me. We decided to dedicate the CD version of this release to the Japanese market. Devin has a history and connection to Japan so the CD (with bonus content) is a special item for the Japanese audience.
  • Fitz:正如我所說的,我與NBN Records密切合作,Onra就像我的兄弟一樣。我們決定要針對日本市場,推出特別的CD版本。Devin與日本這邊也有網絡關係,所以這張CD (還會收錄特別的附加內容)將會是給日本聽眾的特別版。
3. What are your other plans for 2019? 今年的計畫
  • Fitz:I am now promoting Devin's album in Japan, running my own Japan street label PBM, https://diskunion.net/portal/ct/search?m=11&q=pbm&submit= ..doing some shows and brand commercial work and working on new music with various artists. Next up I will release BudaBrose "Lost Session EP" with BudaMunk!! 
  • https://paxicorecords.bandcamp.com/album/budabrose-2
  • Fitz:我現在正忙著在日本宣傳Devin的專輯,也經營自己在日本的獨立廠牌PBM。此外也做演出、品牌的廣告合作、與許多不同的音樂人一起做音樂,下一張會發表的作品是與BudaMunk合作的BudaBrose "Lost Session EP"!



Devin Morrision

1. Can you talk about your upcoming album "Bussin"? what's the concept of the album? What kinds of information or story you trying to deliver?
請介紹一下你的新專輯"Bussin",專輯概念以及傳達的故事是什麼?
  • Devin:Bussin' is a full-course meal of nothin but buttaz. The album name is an homage to my hometown of Florida. Bussin' essentially means scrumptious. I wanted to make an album with lots of flavor. The subject matter of most of the songs is pretty personal. "It's Time" is about wanting to break out of this mundane slump that I was in. "Be Aiight" is about a break-up. "The Struggle Iz Real" was written weeks after losing a job and being super broke.
  • Devin:Bussin就好比是一道加滿了奶油的全餐。專輯名稱是向我的家鄉佛羅里達致敬。Bussin本質上就是意味著美味,我想要在這張專輯中添加多種風味。歌曲談論的內容都是非常私人的議題,例如"It's Time"談論的是想要從這平凡的生活中做出改變。"Be Aiight"則是關於分手。"The Struggle Iz Real"則是我在工作丟了之後的幾個禮拜所寫下的,我那時候變得超級窮的。
2. How did you join NBN records? Do you think its a good fit for you?
你是如何加入NBN的?你覺得這是適合你的廠牌嗎?
  • Devin:I met Onra through my bro, Fitz Ambro$e. After hearing my music, Onra asked if I'd be down to release a record under Nothing But Net...I was charmed by his sincerity and how deeply he felt about what I was doing so I said yes. Musically, me & Onra's tastes tend to match up really well so that's great.
  • Devin:我是透過我的兄弟Fitz Ambro$e而認識Onra。當他聽完我的音樂,Onra就問我是否可以透過他的廠牌Nothing But Net來發行專輯,而我被他的真誠感動,於是我就答應了。在音樂方面,Onra的品味和我非常合的來,所以這是很棒的一點。 
3. Your father and brother all participate in this album. That's pretty awesome! How do you feel about working with your family? 
你的父親以及哥哥全部都加入了這張專輯的陣容。這真是太酷了,與你家人合作的感覺是如何?
  • Devin:It's the greatest honor. I've always looked up to my family musically. It's funny because I knew my brother could sing but i didn't know he could SING like that, lol. On the first track, my dad is killing it on guitar. I just can't wait until y'all hear HIM sing. Bananas..
  • Devin:這是最大的榮譽。在音樂的領域上,我時常都是以家人做為榜樣。這也很有趣,因為我雖然知道我的哥哥會唱歌,但是我從來不知道他可以唱的這麼好 lol。在專輯的第一首歌曲,我爸爸演奏了驚人的吉他。我已經等不急要讓大家也聽一下我哥的歌聲了。
4. What are your favorite tracks from the album? why?
專輯中最喜歡哪些歌曲?為什麼?
  • Devin:"Fairytale" touches me the most right now. Mainly because I was in a dark place when wrote it. To me, it's proof that God can use you in any place at any time.   
  • Devin:就目前來說,"Fairytale"感動我最深。因為我是身處於黑暗之中創作出這首作品的。對我來說,這也是上帝無所不在的印證。
5. I'm a big fan of Daz Dillinger. It's really surprised to see his name on your guest appearance! How did that happen?
我超喜歡Daz Dillinger,看到他在你專輯的合作名單上也讓我很驚訝,這是怎麼發生的?
  • Devin:This is all thanks to Onra. Him and Daz did some work some years ago. While me & Onra were eating lunch in Paris, he suggested we get Daz on "The Struggle Iz Real" and I was like, "WE CAN GET DAZ!?"
  • Devin:這都要感謝Onra。他和Daz幾年前就有合作過。當我和Onra在巴黎一起吃午餐的時候,他就建議我說可以找Daz來合作"The Struggle Iz Real",然後我嚇呆了..."我們能找到DAZ!?" 
6. What are the most difficult parts when you making this album? 
製作這張專輯最困難的是什麼部分?
  • Devin:Good question. Musically, the hardest part was finishing it. There's always something you can add so it's tough to be like "okay, no more". Additionally, mixing the album had it's challenges too. But Blanka did an incredible job with this record and I'm very thankful for his patience with me. I can be a tough one.
  • Devin:好問題。在音樂上最困難的部分就是收尾。總是會有東西是你想再加上去的,所以要喊說"ok,結束了"是很困難的。此外,在專輯mixing的部分也是一大挑戰,但是Blanka做了非常出色的工作,很感謝他對我的耐心,我可是算是個大麻煩。


Submerse

1. You released an EP with Fitz last year. What are your other plans this year? Will you release solo projects?
你在去年和Fitz發行了一張EP,今年有什麼其他計劃或個人專輯嗎?
  • Submerse:Right now I'm just finishing up a new album, hopefully it should be out around Summer time this year. Fitz Ambro$e and Devin Morrison will also feature on the album. Really pumped for it to come out, feel like I have been working on it for about 18 months now.
  • Submerse:我的新專輯即將完成,希望可以在今年夏天發表。Fitz Ambro$e和Devin Morrison兩人都會在專輯中跨刀。我很期待這張專輯的發行,我好像已經製作18個月之久了吧。 
2. Last time I met you, I remembered you said you're a big fan of NBA lol. What are your current favorite teams? What team will win the championship this season in your opinion?
上次見到你,我記得你說你是NBA鐵粉,你支持哪隊?你覺得哪隊會冠軍?
  • Submerse:Yeah huge Toronto Raptors fan. I'm praying for the Raptors to at least make it to the conference finals. Think it will be either Golden State, Rockets, Bucks or Raptors. If i had to bet money I'd give it to Golden State. But yeah.. lets go Raps!
  • Submerse:對啊,我是多倫多暴龍隊的粉絲。我希望暴龍可以至少進入到東區決賽。冠軍的話應該會是金州勇士、火箭、 公鹿或暴龍。如果真的要賭錢的話我還是會賭金州....但是不管怎樣,暴龍加油!





留言

熱門文章